Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Want to Go Green, Get Knowledgeable, and (Sometimes) Get Mad?

The path we walk as environmentalists isn’t always easy—it has twists and turns, forks in the road, missing or misleading signs, and more than its fair share of brambles, boulders, and bugs.

But we walk on because we have to (it’s the right thing to do) and because we want to.

I enjoy sharing with you some of my favorite green finds in order to encourage you to go green in every area of your life . . . and venting every once in a while about the frustrations of being green in a black and white (and grey) world.

What I’m not able to do is get “scientific” with you; however, knowing the behind-the-scenes details is vital. And so I’d like to introduce you to another green blog, produced by the owner of Real Green Goods, that’s exceptionally enlightening: http://www.realgreengirl.blogspot.com/

I encourage you to visit this site daily, as I do, to learn about the things most of us don’t know, and probably aren’t supposed to know. As the passionate owner of a green department store, Debby does her homework, asks the questions we might not know enough to ask, and gets to the heart of the issue. Then she shares what she knows with us.

She’s my green guru, and she can/should be the same for you.

Question of the blog: Do you reach out to the government with your green concerns?

No comments: