Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Got Your Green Beauty Products?

By now, most of us painstakingly review the ingredients for the food we eat, and we need to use that same vigilance when it comes to the ingredients in the beauty products we use.

The science-experiment-gone-wrong ingredients you most want to avoid are:
· Parabens
· Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfates
· Phthalates
· Artificial Fragrances
· Artificial Colors
· Silicones
· EDTA
· Glycols
· Petroleum-Based Ingredients

You also want to use products that aren’t tested on animals.

Over the last few months, I’ve switched over to environmentally friendly beauty products, and here’s a list of the products I use:

Toothpaste: Tom’s of Maine Natural Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth, Wintermint (great flavor)

Dental Floss: Tom’s of Maine Naturally Waxed Anti-Plaque Flat Floss, Unflavored (I love the flat floss)

Mouthwash: Tom’s of Maine Natural Mouthwash, Tartar Control, Spearmint (this works without the burn like most conventional brands)

Shampoo: Jason Fragrance Free Daily Shampoo: For All Hair Types (shampoo that doesn't smell like anything did take some getting used to!)

Conditioner: Jason Fragrance Free Daily Conditioner: For All Hair Types (this gives my hair great shine)

Face Wash: Kiss My Face Organics Jump Start, Exfoliating Face Wash (it really does "jump start" my morning)

Deodorant: Aubrey Organics Natural Roll On Deodorant (trust me: this works!)

Lotion: Beauty Without Cruelty Daily Facial Lotion SPF 15 (my skin feels so soft)

I’m still trying to find eco make-up that I like (especially when I read information like this posting by my green guru about the dangers lurking in innocent-looking items like lipstick).

Question of the blog: Do you have a favorite eco make-up line?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Heather and I work developing products for Kiss My Face. If you haven't tried our 3Way Color and Tinted Moisturizers, you're in for a treat.3Way is designed for use on cheeks lips and eyes for a natural,healthy looking glow. Our Tinted Moisturizers give sheer coverage to even skin tone while moisturizing.Good for your skin and easy to use. You can get a 25%discount on our products until August 7th when you use this code, KMFBLOG3. Check it out!

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for mentioning us ! Hope you'll try some of our other products....our toothpaste is just amazing...plug inthe code kmfblog3 & u get 25% off an online purchase (til the end of the month. really do appreciate your support....u jump started my day :) Cheers! Bob Macleod Pres/Founder Kiss My Face.