Thursday, May 1, 2008

Got (Clean) Water?

So first there was the stream, but the streams got polluted. And then there was the tap, and then the pipes got rusty and the water ended up with pharmaceuticals in it. And then there was the plastic bottle, typically filled not with H2o from pristine sources but with city tap water . . . and served up in rather pervasive plastic bottles that aren't very good for us in the first place.

The debate about water is enough to make me want a drink—although, not a drink of water, of course.

So I showed up at the Go Green Expo (www.gogreenexpo.com) last weekend with a pink water bottle made of a type of plastic I was told was safe when I bought it months ago. Instantly, Debby, my green guru from Real Green Goods (www.realgreengoods.com) told me I needed to stop using that bottle. As always, though, she had a solution: Klean Kanteen (www.kleankanteen.com).

These cool bottles are all stainless steel. They won’t leech. They won’t break (at least, not easily). And they are meant to be used over and over again, so they won’t end up by the billions in our landfills.

I’ve been using mine all week, and even non-green people I know have commented on it. They’re that cool. Ditch the plastic and get your own canteen ASAP.

Question of the blog: What's your take on the water debate?

No comments: