Thursday, May 22, 2008

Does Barnes & Noble Want Us To Be Fat?

I blogged earlier about ordering a healthy eating book called The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health by Dr. Robert Young. It arrived today, along with two other healthy eating books: You Are What You Eat: The Plan That Will Change Your Life and Slim for Life: The Ultimate Health and Detox Plan by Dr. Gillian McKeith.

I ordered the books through Barnes & Noble and they arrived with something rather shocking: A coupon for a free chicken sandwich from McDonald’s.

Just picture it: I rip open the box, eager to get advice on improving my diet (eating better for myself and the planet) and out falls a picture of a chicken sandwich. It actually made me laugh out loud. But it really wasn’t funny. I’ve been a vegetarian for many years so there was absolutely no temptation but what if I was addicted to fast food and bought those books in an effort to change my life? Using a free chicken sandwich coupon as a bookmark might make it easier to fall off the wagon.

I’m waiting for the day that I order something and get a coupon for a free apple.

Question of the blog: Has McDonald’s infiltrated places that surprise you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really disappointing that McDonalds is advertising through Barnes & Noble. It's like all the stadiums that now carry names of Pepsi, etc. Corporate America has really got its fingers into everything. I've never had a problem like that with Amazon.

Dagny McKinley
www.onnotextiles.com
organic apparel