Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Got Time for a Great (Green) Work-Out?

Don’t hate me, but I actually enjoy working out. The challenge. The accomplishment. The physical transformation. For the past five years, I’ve worked out five or six days a week, doing Tae Bo tapes or walking on the treadmill and lifting weights. It’s gotten to the point where I feel antsy and down if I don’t work out so it’s something I have to do.

Several months ago, I changed up my routine and started taking the advice of no-holds-barred trainer by the name of Rocco Castellano (www.askrocco.com). Rocco is a proponent of a back-to-basics exercise philosophy that uses only the energy we produce. In other words, unplug the treadmill and turn off the TV and DVD player and get an ever better work-out than normal.

Rocco’s 15-minute circuit includes the following five exercises:
· Jumping jacks
· Mountain climbers
· Push-ups or negative push-ups
· Lunges
· And criss-cross crunches

No special equipment is required and you can perform this circuit anywhere. I do one minute of each and do each circuit three times. It’s amazing how quickly I felt and saw a difference. I guess you could say it’s a green work-out routine that’s got real muscle.

Question of the blog: Is green a consideration when you work out?

No comments: