Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What Color is Your Office?

I’ve been working at home for the past year. I’m an editorial and marketing writer and also run my green business, EcoVixen (www.ecovixen.com), out of my home. Several months ago, I started writing for WHY Magazine (www.workhomeyou.com)—it’s a great resource for work-at-homers.

WHY conducted a poll recently and found that 52 percent of work-at-homers have taken steps towards a green office. I find that statistic thrilling. I have a mostly green home office and, while it’s sometimes hard to pay extra for 100 percent recycled paper or it takes longer to track down vintage filing cabinets, it’s immensely gratifying to know you’re doing the right thing.

Speaking of the right thing, I like WHY Magazine so much that EcoVixen is going to sponsor an upcoming issue; later this month, WHY readers will also receive a special supplement about the best ways to get a green office.

Question of the blog: Whether you work at home or away from home, how green is your office?

No comments: