Monday, June 2, 2008

Interested in Some Pure Food with a Side of Celebrity?

I’m back from nearly a week in New York. What a great trip! Mark and I did our best to have a green vacation; I’ll share some of our successes and challenges in future blogs but, before I do, I have a quick story to tell.

We had a great raw meal at Manhattan's Pure Food and Wine (www.purefoodandwine.com). We were there at an off-time and the place was nearly empty, except for Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson, David Blaine, and Edward Norton.

I’m not one of those people that reads gossip magazines or watches celebrity “news” shows so I wasn’t star-struck, but what did strike me is that you’re probably not going to eat with that crowd at McDonald’s. So if you’re looking for yet another reason to get green and eat green, think of all the famous friends you can make.

Okay, on a serious note, the food was so incredibly great that I just went online to buy their cookbook and found that signed copies are on sale on their site: http://oneluckyduck.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=25

Buy a copy. And when you make a recipe at home, just imagine Edward Norton is in your kitchen.

Question of the blog: Do you have a favorite raw cookbook?

No comments: