Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why Can’t Obama Take Office Today?

Now that Obama has won the Presidential election, I just want him to move right into the White House and get all cozy behind the desk in the oval office. I already consider him my President. I look to him to voice the thoughtful solution. I’m ready for him to lead, especially when it comes to the environment.

For years, President Bush has refused mandatory curbs on emissions which could/would help control global warming. Can you say, “In bed with oil companies”? As I’ve expressed before, I’m pretty convinced the only way Bush is able to sleep at night is by sniffing a little of his prized oil. The damage he’s done to our earth, and the damage he’s failed to avoid, is beyond measure.

I can’t wait to see him ride off into the sunset on that Texas ranch.

More than that, I can’t wait for the sun to rise on our future under the leadership of Barack Obama. Speaking of global warming, Obama made a surprise (videotaped) speech at the climate change conference in California today and vowed to take quick action to curb global warning. (Read the entire article here.)

Now that’s my leader.

Question of the blog: Do you think Obama will get to do all he’s promised to do for the environment?

No comments: